- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook macaroni according to package directions for al dente; drain and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, sugar and seasonings. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Stir sour cream, cream cheese and green onions into macaroni. Spoon over beef mixture, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, covered, 15-20 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Beef & Noodle Casserole
"My family really enjoyed the macaroni and beef combination. The only thing that I changed was I omitted the canned diced tomatoes, only because I did not have any. The next time that I make this, I may add the cheese to the top a few minutes before it is done baking. I think that it melted too much during baking when I added it right away. I was expecting more cheese flavor."