Beef 'n' Veggie Cheddar Pie Recipe
I usually save leftover vegetables in the freezer specifically to use in this pie. My husband and son really like the hearty filling and cheesy crust.l— Lonna Hocker, Olympia, Washington
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef, cooked and drained
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled, cubed and cooked
- 2 cups frozen diced carrots, thawed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour, soup and water until smooth. Stir in the beef, potatoes, carrots and onion. Spoon into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. For crust, combine flour and salt in a bowl. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add cheese and mix well. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until a ball forms. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to fit top of baking dish. Place over filling; seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top.
- 3. Bake, at 425° for 35 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 403 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 498 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 21 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC