I usually save leftover vegetables in the freezer specifically to use in this pie. My husband and son really like the hearty filling and cheesy crust.l— Lonna Hocker, Olympia, Washington
Recommended: 60 Sneaky Ways to Eat More Vegetables
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef, cooked and drained
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled, cubed and cooked
- 2 cups frozen diced carrots, thawed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cold water
- In a bowl, combine flour, soup and water until smooth. Stir in the beef, potatoes, carrots and onion. Spoon into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- For crust, combine flour and salt in a bowl. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add cheese and mix well. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until a ball forms. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to fit top of baking dish. Place over filling; seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top.
- Bake, at 425° for 35 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Beef 'n' Veggie Cheddar Pie in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p269
Reviews for Beef 'n' Veggie Cheddar Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review