- tomato paste and herbs. Return beef to pan. Bring to a boil.
- Bake, covered, 1 hour. In a small bowl, mix flour and water until
- smooth; gradually stir into stew. Bake, covered, 30 minutes longer
- or until sauce is thickened and beef is tender. Skim fat. Serve with
- mashed potatoes. Yield: 6 servings.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled stew in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth or water if necessary.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/3 cups (calculated without mashed potatoes) equals 395 calories, 22 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 761 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.