Beef & Broccoli Skillet
Full-flavored Beef & Broccoli Skillet will bring your family to the table and satisfy appetites in a hurry. “It’s also wonderful with venison.” —Jackie Hannahs, Fountain, Michigan
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet, saute beef in oil until no longer pink; drain.
- Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, combine the broccoli,
- soup, soy sauce, vinegar and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until broccoli is
- crisp-tender. Stir in beef; heat through. Serve with rice if
- desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup beef mixture (calculated without rice) equals 257 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 1,199 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.