Beef & Blue Cheese Tart Recipe
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in salt and pepper; set aside.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll crust into a 15-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, Italian seasoning and garlic powder; spread over crust to within 2 in. of edges. Spoon beef mixture over top. Fold up edges of crust over filling, leaving center uncovered.
- 4. Bake at 425° for 15-18 minutes or until crust is golden. Using the parchment paper, slide tart onto a wire rack. Sprinkle with blue cheese; let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice equals 328 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 803 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 2 fat.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.