- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in salt and pepper; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll crust into a 15-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, Italian seasoning and garlic powder; spread over crust to within 2 in. of edges. Spoon beef mixture over top. Fold up edges of crust over filling, leaving center uncovered.
- Bake at 425° for 15-18 minutes or until crust is golden. Using the parchment paper, slide tart onto a wire rack. Sprinkle with blue cheese; let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Beef & Blue Cheese Tart
Sort By :
"Did not like at all... didn't like the flavor combo of the sour cream and Italian seasoning with the blue cheese. Would not make again."
"I liked this, and I think my husband REALLY liked it... next time I'll use about 1/2 this amount of bleu cheese, though."
"I did a pizza variation for my kids with pizza sauce base and mozzerella cheese."
"This recipe is super easy to assemble and bake, it is a real time saver with a great flavor! My husband also really enjoys this recipe because it is loaded with beef and blue cheese - his favorites. Highly recommended :)"
"We've added this to our favorite recipes list and have it regularly now. It is so easy to make and super satisfying. Great with a side salad."