Beef & Bean Tacos Recipe
Food won’t go to waste when you serve this satisfying taco that puts canned goods to use. Even better, the creamy, not soggy, filling keeps the shell crunchy. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed nacho cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 12 taco shells, warmed
- Optional toppings: chopped sweet red pepper, thinly sliced green onions and shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, Mexicorn, soup, water and chili powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 2. Spoon beef mixture into taco shells; serve with toppings of your choice. Yield: 6 servings.
2 tacos (calculated without optional toppings) equals 407 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 983 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 22 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC