Food won’t go to waste when you serve this satisfying taco that puts canned goods to use. Even better, the creamy, not soggy, filling keeps the shell crunchy. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed nacho cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 12 taco shells, warmed
- Optional toppings: chopped sweet red pepper, thinly sliced green onions and shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, Mexicorn, soup, water and chili powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Spoon beef mixture into taco shells; serve with toppings of your choice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Beef & Bean Tacos in Simple & Delicious December/January 2012, p17
Reviews for Beef & Bean Tacos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review