Beef & Bean Enchiladas
These tried-and-true enchiladas are just what you need on rushed weeknights. Myra Innes — Auburn, Kansas
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) refried beans
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce, warmed
- 1 can (2-1/2 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in the beans, dried minced onion, chili powder and salt;
- heat through.
- Place about 1/3 cupful down the center of each tortilla. Sprinkle
- each with onion and cheese. Fold bottom and sides over filling. Pour
- sauce over top; garnish with olives. Yield: 10 enchiladas.
Nutritional Facts: 1 enchilada with about 1 tablespoons sauce and 2 teaspoons olives equals 378 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 993 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 22 g protein.