Beef & Bean Enchiladas Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) refried beans
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce, warmed
- 1 can (2-1/2 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, dried minced onion, chili powder and salt; heat through.
- 2. Place about 1/3 cupful down the center of each tortilla. Sprinkle each with onion and cheese. Fold bottom and sides over filling. Pour sauce over top; garnish with olives. Yield: 10 enchiladas.
1 enchilada with about 1 tablespoons sauce and 2 teaspoons olives equals 378 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 993 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 22 g protein.