Beef & Bacon Stroganoff Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 5 thick-sliced bacon strips, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom with roasted garlic soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 6 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the beef, bacon, mushrooms and onion until beef is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in flour until blended. Add the broth, soup, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, salt and paprika. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- 3. Stir sour cream and horseradish into beef mixture; heat through (do not boil). Serve with noodles. Sprinkle with cheese. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 492 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 1095mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Beef & Bacon Stroganoff
"Fast, tasty and freezes good too. Kids love it too ;)"
"I used top sirloin, cut into bit size pieces, and then coated it in flour, salt and pepper in a ziploc bag, and then browned the meat to create a seared texture. I left all other parts of the recipe the same. This is the best stroganoff recipe I have ever tasted - it knocks my Grandma's recipe out of the park. I frequently serve this dish for guests, and everyone always raves about it. A MUST try!!"
"Being a lover of horseradish is what made me try this dish and I was shocked when I didn't like it at all. It just did not work for me although hubby liked it. The bacon didn't add anything but additional work. I am taking this one out of "My Recipe Box.""
"Although my family liked this dish, I thought the bacon was a little too predominate in the overall taste. I would have liked more horseradish, but I think that may have been because I didn't know if the recipe wanted me to drain the horseradish before I measured it out. This may not be a regular rotation meal but I will definitely try it again with some slight adjustments for my taste."
"This was excellent. I only used 1 tsp of horseradish because I was concerned it would be too overwhelming, but next time I will try 2."
"Too much horseradish in recipe"
"I forgot to mention one thing I would definitely change about the recipe instructions. Unless you like really chewy bacon, I would cook the bacon first by itself in the pan until it is almost at the texture you like, and then add the garlic, onions, and mushrooms. I add the ground beef last and brown it with the rest of the items mostly cooked, but that is my personal preference."
"This is by far the best stroganoff recipe I have ever tasted and I have tasted quite a few. I am not one to spend extra money on the special cream of mushroom soup, so I substituted a store brand of plain cream of mushroom soup and it still tasted fabulous. I also do not buy canned beef broth, so I put 2 beef bouillon cubes in 14 oz of water, and heated it in the microwave, and it turned out fine. I also skipped on the flour because i don't like it so thick."
"I love this recipe and have made it several times."
"The stroganoff was really good! I used gound elk meat in place of the beef and I couldn't tell the differance."
"my husband just loves this meal! He asks for it again and again!"
"Everybody liked it. It was a bit tongue burning for me. I will cut the pepper and horseradish in half next time."
"Delicious and easy. The different flavors really came together well."
"It was very good and creamy."
"I love the many flavors in this, great twist on the traditional! Pretty easy to make and the recipe makes a huge pot that we end up eating for lunches during the week."
"I'm not a big stroganoff fan, but this was pretty good."
"Very good flavor. The texture was a little weird, but I would definately make it again."
"Excellent! Made this twice and it came out really good both times."
"I kept the horseradish in, and everyone loved it!!!!"
"Love it!!!!!!! Put it on top of Mashed Potatoes, and it is fabulous!"
"I also left out the horseradish and used regular reduced sodium mushroom soup. My husband & kids said to make this on a regular basis!"
"this was very good but i did leave the horseradish out since i dont like it and i used regular mushroom soup. it was very good"