- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 5 thick-sliced bacon strips, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom with roasted garlic soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 6 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the beef, bacon, mushrooms and onion until beef is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in flour until blended. Add the broth, soup, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, salt and paprika. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Stir sour cream and horseradish into beef mixture; heat through (do not boil). Serve with noodles. Sprinkle with cheese. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBeef & Bacon Stroganoff
"Fast, tasty and freezes good too. Kids love it too ;)"
"Good flavor. quick and easy!"
"I used top sirloin, cut into bit size pieces, and then coated it in flour, salt and pepper in a ziploc bag, and then browned the meat to create a seared texture. I left all other parts of the recipe the same. This is the best stroganoff recipe I have ever tasted - it knocks my Grandma's recipe out of the park. I frequently serve this dish for guests, and everyone always raves about it. A MUST try!!"
"Being a lover of horseradish is what made me try this dish and I was shocked when I didn't like it at all. It just did not work for me although hubby liked it. The bacon didn't add anything but additional work. I am taking this one out of "My Recipe Box.""
"Although my family liked this dish, I thought the bacon was a little too predominate in the overall taste. I would have liked more horseradish, but I think that may have been because I didn't know if the recipe wanted me to drain the horseradish before I measured it out. This may not be a regular rotation meal but I will definitely try it again with some slight adjustments for my taste."
"This was excellent. I only used 1 tsp of horseradish because I was concerned it would be too overwhelming, but next time I will try 2."
"Too much horseradish in recipe"
"I forgot to mention one thing I would definitely change about the recipe instructions. Unless you like really chewy bacon, I would cook the bacon first by itself in the pan until it is almost at the texture you like, and then add the garlic, onions, and mushrooms. I add the ground beef last and brown it with the rest of the items mostly cooked, but that is my personal preference."
"This is by far the best stroganoff recipe I have ever tasted and I have tasted quite a few. I am not one to spend extra money on the special cream of mushroom soup, so I substituted a store brand of plain cream of mushroom soup and it still tasted fabulous. I also do not buy canned beef broth, so I put 2 beef bouillon cubes in 14 oz of water, and heated it in the microwave, and it turned out fine. I also skipped on the flour because i don't like it so thick."
"I love this recipe and have made it several times."