This gnocchi dish tastes like bacon cheeseburgers. Go ahead and top it as you would a burger—with ketchup, mustard and pickles. —Ashley Lecker, Green Bay, Wisconsin
- 1 package (16 ounces) potato gnocchi
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 cooked bacon strips, crumbled and divided
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Preheat broiler. Cook gnocchi according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large ovenproof skillet, cook beef and onion, crumbling beef, over medium heat until no longer pink, about 4-6 minutes. Drain.
- Stir in half of the bacon; add gnocchi, water, cream and ketchup. Bring to a boil. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until sauce has thickened, 3-4 minutes. Add seasonings. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil 3-4 in. from heat until cheese has melted, 1-2 minutes. Top with tomatoes, green onions and remaining bacon. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Beef & Bacon Gnocchi Skillet in Taste of Home September/October 2016, p84
Reviews for Beef & Bacon Gnocchi Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2016
"This was delicious everyone loved it!"