This gnocchi dish tastes like bacon cheeseburgers. Go ahead and top it as you would a burger—with ketchup, mustard and pickles. —Ashley Lecker, Green Bay, Wisconsin
Recommended: 27 Recipes for One-Pot Meals
- 1 package (16 ounces) potato gnocchi
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 cooked Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, crumbled and divided
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Preheat broiler. Cook gnocchi according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large ovenproof skillet, cook beef and onion, crumbling beef, over medium heat until no longer pink, about 4-6 minutes. Drain.
- Stir in half of the bacon; add gnocchi, water, cream and ketchup. Bring to a boil. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until sauce has thickened, 3-4 minutes. Add seasonings. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil 3-4 in. from heat until cheese has melted, 1-2 minutes. Top with tomatoes, green onions and remaining bacon. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Beef & Bacon Gnocchi Skillet in Taste of Home September/October 2016, p84
Reviews for Beef & Bacon Gnocchi Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 23, 2016
"This is a perfect weeknight dinner. All three of my children wolfed it down, and my husband and I both really liked the creamy sauce and the tomatoes on top."
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2016
"This was delicious everyone loved it!"