Donna Brockett of Kingfisher, Oklahoma sends her recipe for brownies that are so super-chewy, fudgy and delicious, you won't believe they're light!
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso or other coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon boiling water
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dark baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, dissolve espresso granules in boiling water. Stir in the egg, sugar, corn syrup, butter and vanilla until blended. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; stir into sugar mixture until blended.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean and brownies begin to pull away from sides of dish. Cool on a wire rack.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Cut into squares. Yield: 9 brownies.
Originally published as Bedtime Brownies in Light & Tasty February/March 2008, p53
Reviews for Bedtime Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review