- 1 package (19 ounces) Johnsonville® Italian Sweet Sausage Links
- 8 ounces penne pasta (about 2 1/2 cups), cooked and drained
- 1 jar (26 ounces) pasta sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen garlic bread, ends removed and cut into 9 slices
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 medium Roma tomatoes, cut into slices
- 9 fresh basil leaves
- Cook sausage links according to package directions; drain, cut into 1/4-inch slices.
- In a large bowl, combine sausage slices, pasta, pasta sauce, water, basil, garlic, Parmesan cheese, pepper and mix well.
- Spoon mixture into a greased 9-in. x 13-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Arrange garlic bread slices on top of meat mixture. Sprinkle evenly with mozzarella cheese.
- In a small bowl, dip tomato slices into olive oil. Place one slice of tomato on each piece of bread.
- Bake uncovered, at 400°F for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with basil leaves. Serve. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Beautiful Baked Ziti in Johnsonville® Sausage 2015
Reviews for Beautiful Baked Ziti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review