Beary Cute Cookies Recipe
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Additional sugar
- 30 miniature milk chocolate kisses
- 60 M&M's miniature baking bits
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well (dough will be crumbly).
- Set aside about 1/2 cup of dough for ears. Shape remaining dough into 1-in. balls; roll in additional sugar. Place 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten to about 1/2-in. thickness. Roll reserved dough into 1/2-in. balls; roll in sugar. Place two smaller balls about 1 in. apart touching each flattened ball (do not flatten smaller balls).
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. Remove from oven; immediately press one kiss and two baking bits into each cookie for nose and eyes. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Beary Cute Cookies(2)
Sort By :
I made a double batch of these adorable cookies for my niece's baby shower and they were definitely a hit! Since everything's better with butter, I did use half butter and half shortening, instead of all shortening. The cookies were delicious!
We use this recipe all the time! It's perfect to just make round cookies and push m&m's into them.