Bear's Breakfast Burritos Recipe
- 2 packages (22-1/2 ounces each) frozen hash brown patties
- 15 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 pound uncooked chorizo or bulk spicy pork sausage
- 6 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 3 cups salsa
- 12 flour tortillas (12 inches), warmed
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream, optional
- Cook hash browns according to package directions; crumble and keep warm. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the eggs, chili powder, garlic and cumin. Set aside.
- Crumble chorizo into a large skillet; add the jalapenos, peppers and onions. Cook and stir over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add reserved egg mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are set. Stir in salsa.
- Spoon 1/2 cup hash browns and 1/2 cup egg mixture off center on each tortilla; sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Wrap each burrito in waxed paper and foil. Serve warm with sour cream if desired. Cool remaining burritos to room temperature; freeze for up to 1 month.
- To use frozen burritos: Remove foil and waxed paper. Place burritos 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Bear's Breakfast Burritos(6)
Sort By :
One of my families all time favorites! I usually try to keep these in the freezer. We even take them camping with us ~ just take the wax paper off, wrap them back up with the foil and set over an open fire.
I can see why this is a contest winner! It is absolutely wonderful! ...and I live alone, so I love that I can freeze it. Thanks, Larry
Excellent flavor. And yes - baking the burrito, even though the ingredients are already cooked, added a lot to the finished overall flavor. The ingredients really get to "know" each other in the oven. The result is a delicious breakfast perfect for everyday meals or special enough for company. I'm serving them alongside homemade muffins and special coffee this Christmas.
Very good, my husband loves it. I did not have hashbrowns so I used tater tots and it turned out great. This makes a lot so I used a little of each ingredient(I did not measure) to make for just my husband and I.
The ingredients are already cooked. No need to cook again. Just eat and enjoy as soon as they are wrapped!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Mexican Breakfast >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >