- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups sweetened puffed wheat cereal
- 3 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in cereal. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Place melted chocolate in a pastry bag or resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in corner of bag. For bear claws, pipe three small dabs of chocolate on each cookie; top each with an almond. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Bear Claw Cookies(2)
Sort By :
I made these cookies for my daughter's Teddy Bear's Picnic birthday party. They fit the theme perfectly and my word they are delicious and thoroughly addicting! They taste like chocolate puffed wheat squares without the mess and the sticky factor. I do think you have to make them with the cereal and not just plain puffed wheat or that flavour wouldn't come out.
what is the reason for using sweetened puuf cereal??can i use reg. puff wheat???these are really cute!!my husbands students would enjoy these,he drives school bus..kids get cookies or candy or bubble gum once a week!!diabetics get sug. free of same..i am diabetic also,so i have gotten pretty good at switches the last 2 years.i will watch for response to my question...thanks sauceen
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >