Beans with Parsley Sauce Recipe
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1. Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually whisk in broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine egg yolks and milk. Stir a small amount of hot broth mixture into egg mixture. Return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and coats the back of a metal spoon. Stir in parsley. Drain beans; serve with sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 93 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 518mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Beans with Parsley Sauce
"I didn't have an egg, so I subtracted the milk too and added about a half cup of heavy cream. We liked it on pasta too."
"These were wonderful and tasty. I will definitely be making this again."