Beans with Parsley Sauce Recipe
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually whisk in broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- In a small bowl, combine egg yolks and milk. Stir a small amount of hot broth mixture into egg mixture. Return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and coats the back of a metal spoon. Stir in parsley. Drain beans; serve with sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Beans with Parsley Sauce in Taste of Home June/July 2003, p21
Reviews for Beans with Parsley Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 22, 2012
I didn't have an egg, so I subtracted the milk too and added about a half cup of heavy cream. We liked it on pasta too.
Reviewed Mar. 29, 2010
These were wonderful and tasty. I will definitely be making this again.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Budget Side Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Condiments >
- Irish Recipes >
- Sauces & Toppings Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- St. Patrick's Day Recipes >
- St. Patrick's Day Side Dishes >