Beans with Cherry Tomatoes
Beans with Cherry Tomatoes is a favorite of my family. We love this dressed-up version of garden green beans. It's great with any meat.—Betty Brown, Buckley, Washington
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove
- to paper towels to drain. In the drippings, saute beans for 12-14
- minutes or until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 2-3 minutes longer.
- Stir in tomatoes and salt; heat through. Sprinkle with bacon and
- almonds. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 72 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.