Beans with Celery Bacon Sauce
Bacon adds nice crunch and flavor to the sauce for the dressed-up green beans I serve for our Christmas ham dinner. Since this dish goes well with many other foods, too, it's a recipe I use often throughout the year.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 cups fresh green beans
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a
- boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain
- and set aside.
- In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to
- paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute onion
- in drippings until tender. Stir in soup and milk until blended; heat
- through. spoon over beans. Sprinkle bacon over top. Yield: 8