Beans and Biscuits Recipe
This is one of my husband's favorite dishes. It's easy to prepare and makes a satisfying meal served with a side veggie or fruit.—Sandra McKenzie, Braham, Minnesota
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) baked beans, drained
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tube (4-1/2 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Add the beans, barbecue sauce, brown sugar, ketchup and mustard. Simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Separate biscuits and cut in half; arrange over beef mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 18 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 407 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 1,157 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 25 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC