Beans 'n' Greens Recipe
Tasty and a snap to make, this side dish is a guaranteed salad bar star. The tangy marinade dresses up the green beans, spinach and lettuce nicely. I keep the recipe at the front of my easy-to-make file. -Dorothy Pritchett, Wills Point, Texas
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) cut green beans, drained
- 8 cups torn lettuce
- 4 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the first six ingredients; shake well. Pour over green beans; toss to coat. let stand for 15 minutes. Just before serving, drain beans, reserving the marinade.
- 2. In a salad bowl, combine the beans, lettuce, spinach and Swiss cheese. Drizzle with the reserved marinade and toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 14-18 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 161 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 309 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Beans 'n' Greens
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC