- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 pound fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute garlic in oil until tender. Remove garlic and discard. Add onions to pan; saute until crisp-tender.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Beans & Spinach
"I also add some red pepper flakes."
"I make this with kale instead of spinach. One of our favorite side dishes."
"I dont really like spinach but love this recipe-I throw in a handful of walnuts to toast rite after i remove the garlic-yum!"
"Just ok, needs more flavor"
"Very nice side dish! I rendered some bacon fat and sautéed the garlic and onions in it (so it wasn't a heart-healthy version). I love garlic, so I didn't discard it. I also love onions, but I found that 1 large onion was plenty. Will definitely make this again!"