- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 pound fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute garlic in oil until tender. Remove garlic and discard. Add onions to pan; saute until crisp-tender.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Beans & Spinach
Sort By :
"I also add some red pepper flakes."
"I make this with kale instead of spinach. One of our favorite side dishes."
"I dont really like spinach but love this recipe-I throw in a handful of walnuts to toast rite after i remove the garlic-yum!"
"Just ok, needs more flavor"
"Very nice side dish! I rendered some bacon fat and sautéed the garlic and onions in it (so it wasn't a heart-healthy version). I love garlic, so I didn't discard it. I also love onions, but I found that 1 large onion was plenty. Will definitely make this again!"