In Ponca City, Oklahoma, LaDonna Reed dresses up hot dogs and canned pork and beans with extra seasonings to create this kid-pleasing combo. "This dish is quick and easy to throw together, and my family loves it," she remarks.
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pork and beans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 package (1 pound) hot dogs, halved lengthwise and cut into thirds
- In a saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; mix well. Add hot
- dogs; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes
- or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 246 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 782 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.