In Ponca City, Oklahoma, LaDonna Reed dresses up hot dogs and canned pork and beans with extra seasonings to create this kid-pleasing combo. "This dish is quick and easy to throw together, and my family loves it," she remarks.
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pork and beans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 package (1 pound) hot dogs, halved lengthwise and cut into thirds
- In a saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; mix well. Add hot dogs; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Beanie Wienies in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p40
Reviews for Beanie Wienies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 9, 2012
"It's great to send these hot in a thermos bottle for school lunch. My daughter really like them served with hot biscuits and watermelon."