Beanie Wienies Recipe
In Ponca City, Oklahoma, LaDonna Reed dresses up hot dogs and canned pork and beans with extra seasonings to create this kid-pleasing combo. "This dish is quick and easy to throw together, and my family loves it," she remarks.
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pork and beans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 package (1 pound) hot dogs, halved lengthwise and cut into thirds
- In a saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; mix well. Add hot dogs; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Beanie Wienies in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p40
Reviews for Beanie Wienies(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 9, 2012
It's great to send these hot in a thermos bottle for school lunch. My daughter really like them served with hot biscuits and watermelon.