Bean Vegetable Chili Recipe
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (8 ounces) picante sauce
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute the zucchini, green pepper, onion, carrots, celery and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in tomatoes, picante sauce, bouillon and cumin; bring to a boil.
- 2. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beans and olives; heat through. Yield: 9 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
1 cup: 211 calories, 8g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 647mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 7g fiber), 7g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 0 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.