Bean Tossed Salad Recipe
I assemble this salad ahead of time and add the corn chips and salad dressing just before serving. You can adapted this salad by adding kidney beans, various cheeses and croutons or crunched tortillas instead of corn chips.—Tabitha Allen, Cypress, Texas
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup canned Ranch Style beans (pinto beans in seasoned tomato sauce)
- 1/2 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 to 1 cup tortilla or corn chips
- 1/3 cup Catalina salad dressing
- 1. In a salad bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Just before serving, add chips and salad dressing; to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Bean Tossed Salad
Reviewed Jan. 4, 2008
"I've been making this salad since my college-dormitory days, over thirty-five years ago. It's still a favorite. For nostalgic authenticity I always use corn chips."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC