Bean Tossed Salad
I assemble this salad ahead of time and add the corn chips and salad dressing just before serving. You can adapted this salad by adding kidney beans, various cheeses and croutons or crunched tortillas instead of corn chips.—Tabitha Allen, Cypress, Texas
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup canned Ranch Style beans (pinto beans in seasoned tomato sauce)
- 1/2 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 to 1 cup tortilla or corn chips
- 1/3 cup Catalina salad dressing
- In a salad bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Just before
- serving, add chips and salad dressing; to coat. Yield: 8 servings.