I assemble this salad ahead of time and add the corn chips and salad dressing just before serving. You can adapted this salad by adding kidney beans, various cheeses and croutons or crunched tortillas instead of corn chips.—Tabitha Allen, Cypress, Texas
Recommended: 30 Recipes for Summer Salads
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup canned Ranch Style beans (pinto beans in seasoned tomato sauce)
- 1/2 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 to 1 cup tortilla or corn chips
- 1/3 cup Catalina salad dressing
- In a salad bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Just before serving, add chips and salad dressing; to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Bean Tossed Salad in Country Woman November/December 2000, p39
Reviews for Bean Tossed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 4, 2008
"I've been making this salad since my college-dormitory days, over thirty-five years ago. It's still a favorite. For nostalgic authenticity I always use corn chips."