Bean Tossed Salad Recipe
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup canned Ranch Style beans (pinto beans in seasoned tomato sauce)
- 1/2 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 to 1 cup tortilla or corn chips
- 1/3 cup Catalina salad dressing
- In a salad bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Just before serving, add chips and salad dressing; to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Bean Tossed Salad
Sort By :
"I came across this recipe a couple of years ago when I was looking for a new salad to make for a family BBQ. Everyone loved it, including my husband who is not a big salad eater, and I've been making it all summer long ever since."
"I've been making this salad since my college-dormitory days, over thirty-five years ago. It's still a favorite. For nostalgic authenticity I always use corn chips."