Bean sprouts, bacon crumbles and sunflower kernels lend a pleasant crunch to my mom's refreshing version of spinach salad. The tangy oil-and-vinegar dressing coats the mixture well. Mom will sometimes add a few radish slices for color. -Susan Emery Everett, Washington
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1 cup canned bean sprouts
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 4 green onions
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sunflower kernels
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the first six ingredients. Cook and stir over low heat until the mixture reaches 160°. Remove from the heat; cool.
- In a serving bowl, toss the spinach, bean sprouts, bacon and green onions. Drizzle with 1/2 cup salad dressing; toss to coat. Garnish with egg slices and sunflower kernels. Serve immediately. Refrigerate remaining dressing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Bean Sprout Spinach Salad in Taste of Home February/March 2004, p35
Reviews for Bean Sprout Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review