This soup is so simple to put together with ingredients you might keep on hand, and it’s delicious, too. The broth with potato, meat and vegetables makes it so satisfying. —Gail Wilkerson, House Springs, Missouri
- 8 ounces bulk lean turkey breakfast sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic salt, seasoned salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage, onion and green pepper over medium heat 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender and sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain.
- Stir in beans, potato, water and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until potato is tender. Stir in tomatoes and heat through. Remove bay leaf. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Sausage Bean Soup in Simple & Delicious September/October 2006, p14
Reviews for Bean Soup with Sausage
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review