- ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1
- hour or until vegetables are tender.
- For dumplings, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and
- pepper. Combine egg white, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients.
- Drop into eight mounds onto boiling soup. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 15-20 minutes (do not lift the cover). Yield: 8 servings
- (2-1/4 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 227 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 969 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 10 g protein.