Bean Sausage Soup Recipe
I made this colorful, robust stew often when our three kids were living at home. Since it calls for lots of canned vegetables, it stirs up in a jiffy. It's versatile, too-you can substitute cubed turkey, chicken, ham or beef for the sausage. Plus, you can replace the beans with other vegetables of your choice.
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, halved and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) lima beans, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Heat through. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 341 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 1,470 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC