Bean Quesadillas Recipe
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet yellow or orange pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1. Mash beans until almost smooth; spread over two tortillas. Layer each with salsa, yellow pepper, jalapeno, garlic, cheese, pepper sauce and cilantro. Top with remaining tortillas.
- 2. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut each quesadilla into four wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
1/2 each: 285 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 748mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 7g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Bean Quesadillas
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.