Bean Quesadillas Recipe
"My husband and I created this recipe to use up vegetables from our garden; now we make it monthly," relates Susan Dippel of Macomb, Michigan. "You can use any vegetables you have on hand and adjust the seasonings to your liking. Serve it as a main dish or an appetizer."
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet yellow or orange pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- Mash beans until almost smooth; spread over two tortillas. Layer each with salsa, yellow pepper, jalapeno, garlic, cheese, pepper sauce and cilantro. Top with remaining tortillas.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut each quesadilla into four wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Bean Quesadillas in Taste of Home December/January 2008, p57
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Bean Quesadillas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Appetizers >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >