In Maple Creek, Saskatchewan, Glenda Parsonage stirs together a colorful medley of beans, peppers, corn and other vegetables, then marinates it overnight in a tasty sweet dressing.
Recommended: 62 Christmas Potluck Sides for 12 or More
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions, optional
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the sugar, vinegar, oil, mustard and salt; cover and shake well until sugar is dissolved. Pour over bean mixture and gently toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Bean N Corn Salad in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p39
Reviews for Bean N Corn Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2014
"I was asked to bring a veggie salad to a Fourth of July picnic so I immediately thought of this one. I had made it before several years ago and it was a hit both times. I will be making it many times in the future!"