In Maple Creek, Saskatchewan, Glenda Parsonage stirs together a colorful medley of beans, peppers, corn and other vegetables, then marinates it overnight in a tasty sweet dressing.
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions, optional
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the sugar, vinegar, oil, mustard and salt; cover and shake well until sugar is dissolved. Pour over bean mixture and gently toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Bean N Corn Salad in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p39
Reviews for Bean N Corn Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review