Bean Dip Recipe
- 6 bacon strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained, rinsed and mashed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- 2/3 cup picante sauce
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Chopped sweet red or yellow pepper, optional
- Minced fresh cilantro, optional
- Fresh vegetables or tortilla chips
- 1. In a skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Crumble bacon and set aside. In the drippings, saute garlic for 1-2 minutes. Stir in beans, cheese, picante sauce, onions and cumin; mix well. Cook over low heat until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. Stir in bacon. Transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with peppers and cilantro if desired. Serve with vegetables or chips. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 89 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 176 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Bean Dip
"This is a favorite at my house and I take often to parties...and have to take again and again!!!! do not use cilantro or sweet peppers"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.