Bean and Vegetable Salad Recipe
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, oil, garlic, salt and pepper until blended. Pour over bean mixture; toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup: 176 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 358mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 8g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Bean and Vegetable Salad
"was not to bad , will make again but will make more dressing. a good vegetarian dish ."
"This salad is a winner every time I take it to potlucks or office luncheons. It goes over with the guys especially."
"I search out this recipe for big family events. Melissa from PA"