Bean and Vegetable Salad Recipe
"This medley of beans won the enthusiastic approval of my husband, who says he'll eat low-fat, low-cholesterol food only if ti tastes really good," relates Bonnie McKinsey from Greenville, South Carolina. "The peas and corn add crunch and color."
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, oil, garlic, salt and pepper until blended. Pour over bean mixture; toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Confetti Bean Salad in Light & Tasty February/March 2001, p13
Reviews for Bean and Vegetable Salad(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review