Bean and Sausage Rigatoni Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked rigatoni or penne
- 1 can (15 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 pound reduced-fat smoked turkey kielbasa, halved and sliced
- 5 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. In a bowl, combine the pasta, beans, tomatoes, tomato paste, broth and seasoning.
- 2. Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 249 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 537mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 5g fiber), 14g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Reviews for Bean and Sausage Rigatoni
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.