Bean and Sausage Rigatoni Recipe
Cutting the fat in this casserole she revised didn't make it any less hearty, assures Irene Health from Hastings, Michigan. "I tested it on a friend with a good appetite, and he loved it! Served with a fresh green salad and crusty French bread, it makes a balanced meal. The smoked turkey sausage is delicious."
- 8 ounces uncooked rigatoni or penne
- 1 can (15 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 pound reduced-fat smoked turkey kielbasa, halved and sliced
- 5 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. In a bowl, combine the pasta, beans, tomatoes, tomato paste, broth and seasoning.
- Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Bean and Sausage Rigatoni in Light & Tasty August/September 2001, p12
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Bean and Sausage Rigatoni
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review