Bean and Pork Chop Bake
Having grown up on a pork-producing farm, I like to include that versatile meat in many recipes. This one, featuring pork chops, has an apple-cinnamon flavor with a hint of sweet maple. It's particularly good when fall apples are in season.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) baked beans
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 tablespoon maple pancake syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in oil. Remove and
- keep warm. In the same pan, saute apple and onion until tender. Stir
- in the beans, raisins and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon. Spoon into a
- greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish; top with pork chops.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Brush chops with syrup;
- sprinkle with the salt and remaining cinnamon. Bake, uncovered for
- 5-10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 477 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 1,006 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 13 g fiber, 33 g protein.