Bean and Pork Chop Bake Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) baked beans
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 tablespoon maple pancake syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in oil. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, saute apple and onion until tender. Stir in the beans, raisins and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon. Spoon into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish; top with pork chops.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Brush chops with syrup; sprinkle with the salt and remaining cinnamon. Bake, uncovered for 5-10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 477 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 1,006 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 13 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer