Bean and Meat Loaf Recipe
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup, divided
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed, drained and mashed
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, 1 cup ketchup, beans, bread crumbs, onion, celery, Worcestershire sauce, lemon-pepper and seasoned salt; crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- 2. Shape into two loaves. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 3. In a bowl, combine water and remaining ketchup; pour over meat loaves. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 70 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 12 servings.
One serving equals 267 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 853 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.