Bean and Meat Loaf Recipe
When I make meat loaf, I usually just mix together whatever I have on hand. One time I added leftover kidney beans I had in the fridge, and my family loved the meat loaf's soft texture. Now it's our favorite. Patricia Zwerk of Tucson, Arizona
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup, divided
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed, drained and mashed
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup water
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, 1 cup ketchup, beans, bread crumbs, onion, celery, Worcestershire sauce, lemon-pepper and seasoned salt; crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into two loaves. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine water and remaining ketchup; pour over meat loaves. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 70 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Deluxe Meat Loaf in Light & Tasty December/January 2002, p27
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Bean and Meat Loaf(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 10, 2010
This was just excellent. It was moist and yummy. The Kidney beans really add a nice texture. Plus it freezes really well. Will definiately make again.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >