Bean and Meat Loaf Recipe
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup, divided
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed, drained and mashed
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup water
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, 1 cup ketchup, beans, bread crumbs, onion, celery, Worcestershire sauce, lemon-pepper and seasoned salt; crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into two loaves. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine water and remaining ketchup; pour over meat loaves. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 70 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 12 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Bean and Meat Loaf
Sort By :
"I used this recipe to make meatballs in my pressure cooker, very good. I made some changes only out of what was in my pantry, I used black eyed peas instead of kidney (nothing wrong with kidney I just only had black eyed peas), I only had one pound of ground beef so I just doubled the bean amount and I had no bread crumbs so I used cracker crumbs (l had a box of Matzos in cupboard). I think meatballs are gonna become a regular meal in our home now, they only take 20 minutes to cook in the pressure cooker. thanks."
"This was just excellent. It was moist and yummy. The Kidney beans really add a nice texture. Plus it freezes really well. Will definiately make again."