Bean and Ham Pasta Recipe
In Concord, California, Maureen De Garmo assembles this pleasant pasta medley that's brimming with ham, corn and black beans. "If you'd like, you can thicken the juices with cornstarch to make a sauce," she adds.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dash ground cumin
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add pasta; cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until tender. Do not drain. Stir in the beans, corn, ham and seasonings; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 339 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 1,159 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 20 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC