"Anytime I find a recipe full of vegetables that my family will eat, I'm a happy mom," write Colleen Edelsward of Woodinville, Washington. "My husband comes back for seconds when I serve this." Tip: "The carrots and beans are great finger food for young kids," she adds.
Recommended: 25 Fast Spring Veggie Sides
- 1/2 cup baby carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 cups cut fresh green beans
- 1/4 cup chopped radishes
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- In a small saucepan, cook carrots in a small amount of boiling water for 4 minutes. Add the beans; cook 4-5 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain; chill in ice water. Drain and pat dry; place in a large bowl. Add radishes and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, oil, sugar, mustard, garlic, salt and cumin. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Bean and Carrot Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p22
Reviews for Bean and Carrot Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2011
"I added more carrots and used celery instead of radish and onion... yummy!"