"Anytime I find a recipe full of vegetables that my family will eat, I'm a happy mom," write Colleen Edelsward of Woodinville, Washington. "My husband comes back for seconds when I serve this." Tip: "The carrots and beans are great finger food for young kids," she adds.
- 1/2 cup baby carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 cups cut fresh green beans
- 1/4 cup chopped radishes
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- In a small saucepan, cook carrots in a small amount of boiling water for 4 minutes. Add the beans; cook 4-5 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain; chill in ice water. Drain and pat dry; place in a large bowl. Add radishes and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, oil, sugar, mustard, garlic, salt and cumin. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Bean and Carrot Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p22
Reviews for Bean and Carrot Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review