Bean and Beef Skillet
This is a mouthwatering mix of ground beef, baked beans and barbecue sauce is a mainstay for us. Often, I'll brown the meat with the barbecue sauce and freeze it in a resealable bag. Later, I thaw it, add the beans, cook and serve.Rose Purrington, Windom, Minnesota
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) baked beans
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Stir in beans and barbecue sauce; heat
- through. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and cook on low until cheese is
- melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 514 calories, 22 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 1,195 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 12 g fiber, 37 g protein.